What is trauma?
Trauma is the response to an overwhelmingly negative event that can cause people to lose their sense of self and values.
a deeply distressing/disturbing experience,
Emotional shock following a stressful event or physical injury.
Experiences with trauma, you may have:
- Kept Secrets
- Grown-up too fast
- Been mature for your age
- Learned how to sense danger
- Engaging in self-destructive behavior
- Not trusted people
- Learned to pretend that you are okay when you weren’t
- Put your feelings aside because you need to focus on surviving.
- Experienced emotional outbursts