Lately, I’ve been struggling with consistency.
It’s hard for me to get into a routine that I desperately need, and when I’ve failed to do the things I wanted. I notice myself start to get overwhelmed, and anxious. I start to lose patience with things and the people around me.
A while ago I bought a mental health magazine that I’ve just got around to reading, and it has a lot of good tips and tricks on ways to understand and correct unwanted feelings and emotions.
Along this journey, they talk about how rewarding it can be to analyzing yourself, asking yourself questions, and giving yourself time to think of what you TRULY want. Write down your response so you can see what your intentions are.
So let’s try this!
- Acknowledge the change: What is it about your job/life that you want to change? Why does it feel important that you need to do it sooner rather than later?
- Make concrete plans: Think about concrete, achievable objectives you can start working toward to achieve that change.
- Look at the facts: When you’re overthinking, breathe and stick to the facts. Try not to let your emotions take over.
- Remember who you are: You’re not the voice you might sometimes hear in your head telling you that “you can’t do it” or ” you’re not good enough.” Challenge that voice every time it speaks.
- Look back, but not with regret: While moving forward in life only look back to see how far you’ve come and congratulate yourself up if things don’t work out-circumstances change there are myriad versions of success.
Hopefully this will help!