No matter what ANYONE says,
Your trauma is still valid even if:
- You never told anyone
- You can’t remember all of it
- It happened a long time ago
- People didn’t believe you
- You are feeling better now
- It didn’t develop into PTSD
- Your life wasn’t threatened
- You know people who have been through “worse”
- You didn’t realize it was a traumatic until later on
You never know what others could be going through.
YOU are never alone!
What is trauma?
Trauma is the response to an overwhelmingly negative event that can cause people to lose their sense of self and values.
a deeply distressing/disturbing experience,
Emotional shock following a stressful event or physical injury.
Experiences with trauma, you may have:
- Kept Secrets
- Grown-up too fast
- Been mature for your age
- Learned how to sense danger
- Engaging in self-destructive behavior
- Not trusted people
- Learned to pretend that you are okay when you weren’t
- Put your feelings aside because you need to focus on surviving.
- Experienced emotional outbursts